Thursday 19 April 2018

Cubes and Planks

I have a friend that I have never met. He is Erhan from Turkey, and he has a website showing the numerous puzzles and problems that he has invented. 
Today I learned that he has recently died, and in his memory I am showing you the latest wooden puzzle that I made from his instructions. It is titled "Cubes and Planks" and it is constructed from 9 components, and it is quite hard to assemble.
I found that his instructions for assembly were a little hard to follow, because the orientation of the cube changed which caused some confusion, and also the 9 components needed to have the direction of the grain shown, so that the grain on the assembled individual cubes would be consistently in line. So I have drawn my own solution which addresses these problems and hopefully assists others who want to make one of these puzzles.
The details of the 9 components can be found at his website:-
https://diypuzzles.wordpress.com/2015/01/25/cubes-and-planks/

No comments:

Post a Comment