Saturday 29 March 2014

The whirr of racing wheels

Today I had my own classic ride.  After several days of consistent rain, Toowoomba dawned clear and calm this morning. So at 6:30 am I set off for an overdue ride. From East Toowoomba I proceeded southward along the range and then westward to the back of the university to complete a few circuits of a nice 4km block.
There were plenty of social riders of various speeds for some company, but as expected I was caught by a large fast bunch of good riders who cover a more hilly and ambitious circuit each Saturday and end up on the same circuit.
After a high speed sprint, they all assembled for the ride back into town, and that is where I joined them in a bunch of 35 riders as we hurled own the New England Highway at speeds up to 46 kph, on our way back into the city centre.  It was an exhilerating ride to start a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment