Sunday 10 August 2014

Lakeside Magic

I discovered an excellent site for New Zealand weather conditions which accesses numerous official and private weather stations throughout the country. While I was trawling through a few of the locations that I know so well in the southern lakes area, I came across the site for the "Whare Kea Lodge" which is apparently a new development on the western side of Lake Wanaka. At prices ranging from $500 to $935 per night, it would at least provide a rewarding view over the lake - Have a look at -
http://www.wharekealodge.com/
While I am not immediately rushing out to book a room, it did remind me of the day that Craig and Nick and I walked the track in that same area alongside the lake to the Ironside Trig. On that day we enjoyed the same views and it cost us nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment